Back to Blog
As many students begin to prepare for the ABRSM Performance Grade examination, here is a quick summarized guide of all the important things you need to know before recording your performance.
The Essentials to know before your recording
From 9th March 2023 onwards.
1. Prepare 4 pieces
2. If you are under 18, please have a responsible adult present (note that he/she should not be in the video) for the recording of your performance to assist in the following:
3. Prepare a recording device and phone/camera stand if needed:
4. Test and trial the entire recording on your chosen device:
5. Prepare a hard-copy music sheet of the fourth piece/your own choice pieces
6. Photo ID
Steps on what to do during your recording:
1. Announce the following information to the camera:
2. Show your own choice/fourth piece of music score to the camera for 5 seconds
3. Show your photo ID to the camera - Candidate must show this themselves
4. Play all your pieces confidently
5. At the end, do look at the camera and say, “Thank you!”
Finally, before uploading your video, do check the video to ensure both video and audio are working clearly. The file name must not contain any spaces or be blank.
All the best for your examination and remember to practice hard!
Other useful links from ABRSM: